Sunday, September 12, 2010

Go.

This morning I heard a really good sermon from one of the members of Grace United Methodist church - the church I'm working at. They are doing this thing called the Matthew 28 Initiative, which, if you've read Matthew 28, it's where Jesus commissions his disciples to go out and make disciples. Well, now we are Jesus' disciples, and so we must obey this command. This tiny little church is taking this seriously, and I am excited to see how this will impact the community...if we all take it seriously. Being in contact with the students, I am excited to try to empower them to take ownership of this Initiative, because they have the ability to impact an area of the community where most people cannot: other teenagers. And it is cool to think that many instances of revival and renewal occurs in the teenage crowd. This morning got me excited for the year to come, and hopefully we can come up with some cool ideas to help the students grow and get excited about the mission field that is Penns Valley Area High School.

2 comments:

Pam Kenndy-Bjalme said...

Wow...loved reading your blog. What an inspiration to read about your lifes journey and how you are growing as a person. I was so impressed, and the best part is that it got me thinking about things I say out loud. I guess the saying is true, "Think before you speak". Right now I would like to give you a big hug and tell you how proud I am of you. Mommy Bjalme

Adam Jepson said...

Thanks mom! Love you an miss you and your fam