Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Familiar Experience In A Brand New Place...

Hello everyone out there in internet land! Welcome to my blog. I credit my roommate and best friend Ryan Stauffer for persuading me into doing this, (Ryan, you have a gift my friend) as I was on the fence about it for a while because I didn't really see the point of me blogging. Who wants to read what I have to say? What would I write about? I don't really need another thing to occupy my time. This kind of thing is nothing new to me, however, as I've kept a series of journals over the past four years, but Ryan and I both think that there are enough interesting (and often funny) things that happen to me to share them with everyone else.

More importantly, I decided to blog because I love people. I love listening to people talk, witnessing what other people are good at, watching people walk down the street, or even reading about what they have to say. I'm the kinda guy that would love to get coffee with you and listen to you talk for an hour and not say a word and feel totally blessed by you. I'm the kinda guy who'd get coffee with you and neither of us talk for an hour and totally enjoy your company. In fact, some of the best conversations I've ever had with people have used few words, if any: "I love you." It's probably the least complex yet most profound exchange of words in the history of language. I feel like I owe this blog to the people that make me happy.

I'm pretty intentional in terms of how I speak and act: I say things I mean to say, and on the flip side I also intentionally don't say things, so this blog will be pretty real. I'm often all over the place in terms of my emotions and where my head is at. I'm not saying that I'm the King of Drama Queens or that my life is the top thrill of the emotional roller coaster amusement park...I'm just saying that I always have a lot on my mind. I think that this blog will reveal a little of that...I love to write and it's a good way for me to organize my thoughts and try to make sense of my world, although this blog will not look like my collection of journals. Most of my journaling is me at my worst (although there are lots of bright spots too!). I usually don't even like to read through them, so I'll spare you as well.

Happy Reading!

2 comments:

kevmcmill said...

Hello Mr. Jepson. I have a deal for you. Since I am new to the blogging ideal as well, you keep track of mine and I'll keep track of yours. It'll be a spiffy way to keep in touch. So, how is life?

Anonymous said...

Yeah Boy! You allday this blog.