Saturday, May 22, 2010

First Week in Bama

The first week on my internship was a good one, although I didn't do much. I'm supposed to be logging 40 hours a week and this week I logged 16...the internship advisor isn't going to be happy about that, but there just hasn't been a whole lot to do around here. Mark (my boss - the youth pastor) is on vacation and Patrick (my other boss) was basically looking for things for me to do. It's ok - I know I'll have enough hours logged at the end of the summer. Plus, I really needed more of a break - I was more tired from the semester than I thought. Since I haven't had much to do, I've spent my time watching season 2 of 24 (it's a good one!), hanging out with my family, especially Josh, working out at the local YMCA, trying to navigate around the Birmingham area, and Skyping with Meagan.

That being said, I'm really excited to get the summer kicked off! The staff and other interns are really cool, and I think we're going to work really well together. I've already met some of the students and they're awesome - I'm going to enjoy investing in them this summer.

No comments: