Friday, October 3, 2008

I Love it when this Happens!

Ever experienced one of those times when you come out of something and feel like a better person? A changed person? I wish that those would happen to me more often.

Today it happened in the form of a nap. Yes...a nap. (by now you're clicking the 'x' in the top right hand corner of your screen because this is ridiculous, or you're completely captivated...)

A life changing nap? Come on, Adam, that's absurd! Don't waste my time and everyone else's by blogging about a stupid nap... First of all, I had a pretty rough week. I'm not bragging about my week because I know people who had way more stressful weeks than me, but considering my major, it was a busy week. I normally rock between 7 and 8 hours of sleep per night. (also goes to show the vast workload i have) Actually, I really try to manage my time so that I can do that...I love my sleep! Anyways, this week I've been rocking 5 and a half to six and a half...so it's quite a decline in sleep production. I woke up yesterday really feeling it: sore throat, stuffy nose...not good. Today was worse. I wanted to crash walking to class, sitting in class, walking home from class, and eating my lunch after class. Being done at 11 on Fridays is such a blessing.

I grab my down blanket (so nice!) and my goose feathered pillow, lay on the couch and dose off to the soothing sound of Jim Rome's voice...ok his voice isn't that soothing, but it was like having a friend read you a bed time story as you fall asleep...serene! An hour later, I hear the back door open. I figure it's just Ryan so I fall back asleep. Apparently it wasn't Ryan because Ben had written me a nice little letter. All I can say is that I hope he's jealous of me because when I woke up I was a new man...completely reenergized and excited for the afternoon! My stuffiness was gone, I was completely awake, and there was Jim Rome, still talking as if he never stopped. I was overjoyed! I could almost hear the soft angellic voice in my head: "Hello Adam, this is the weekend speaking. It's good to see you again. I heard you just paid a visit to Mr. Friday afternoon nap...I hope you enjoyed his company!"

And I did enjoy his company. In fact, I was so stoked that I had to share my experience with a friend who's had a similar experience. Then I had to blog about it, and now you have to read about it. But seriously, can anyone relate to this? (Ryan Stauffer probably can...) Some people think I'm crazy when I tell them about my life changing naps (This isn't the first time) and I feel kinda sorry for them. You are totally missing out!

Bring on the weekend!

No comments: