Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Stoked to Have A 'Y' Chromosome!

Any time a conversation starts out with, "Now I don't mean to offend anyone, but..." someone's about to get dissed. I love it when people try to pull that trick because it never works. People get offended and make a big deal about it anyways. The story I'm about to share might rub you the wrong way. I'm simply telling the story because I think it's hilarious...and it's my blog. Should you feel yourself becoming agitated simply click the red X in the top corner of your screen and think about punching me repeatedly in the face...maybe that'll make you feel better...if not then think about happy things! Here goes...

Last week a couple of my friends and I grabbed some freshman to hang out so that we could get to know one another better. We get to the HOP (that's what we call my house) and decide to play games. What better way to get to know someone than through some friendly competition? The ratio of males to females was about even, so of course it's gotta be men versus vermin...I mean women (please direct your attention toward the red X at the top right hand corner of your screen). We start out playing 'Battle of the Sexes.' It's a good game, we shared lots of laughs... some of the answers we made up were absolutely ridiculous. Eventually the ladies got bored - probably because we were winning - so we agree to play Catch Phrase. Some of the best memories I have with my friends come out of this game, and this time was no exception...

I love this game because it's fast. I also love it because it forces people to think outside the box. I love to see the way people think when they are rushed. The men lose game one, quite a pedestrian performance at best. I credit the ladies this game...they controlled the timer in superb fashion. We fight back to win game two, and trust me it was a fight. The ladies brought their 'A' game, for sure. After the game, one of the girls says, "Well, should we stop now since we're tied and everyone's happy?" My friend Mitch quickly responds: "The only thing better than beating the girls once is beating the girls twice." Mitch, dudes like you make me stoked to have a Y chromosome! It's game on once again, and we go up 4-0 and we can taste sweet victory, but the ladies come back and suddenly we're in a dogfight at 5-4. They tie it up, and tie it again at 6...next point wins! Everyone is on edge now, ready to bring their team glory. We start, and the timer starts beating faster, it could buzz at any moment! The girls pull out a clutch response and pass it off to Eric freaking Smith...

The only thing going faster than the timer is my heart. Eric glances at the word and goes to work: "OK, stereotype: where the women are supposed to be..." All at once the men shout unanimously, "KITCHEN!" Eric nods and hands the electric game off to the lady sitting beside him, and the buzzer goes off. Ahh sweet, sweet victory in dramatic fashion! And what better way to end it than on a female stereotype!

Come on, you have to admit...that's a good story! Unfortunately all of the ladies probably hate us now...

1 comment:

Casey said...

ha adam i didn't know you wrote this....you're so weird